It is recommended that your Heat Recovery Ventilation System is serviced annually. All these checks are easy if you have time, if not, let us worry about it, contact us on 01756 701051. If you are completing the work yourself please follow the following steps along with the other checks and refer to your operating guide. See Cleaning Procedures for tips on how to clean your system.
- Switch off the mains electrical supply to the unit.
- Remove the cover – see manufacturers detail.
- Withdraw the heat exchanger.
- Wash the heat exchanger.
- Clean the interior of the unit with a vacuum cleaner if necessary and lightly brush the fan impellors.
- Disinfect the unit interior using a proprietary product, noting and observing the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check the drainage system for integrity of joints and ensure that water flows freely and the trap is charged.
- Replace the heat exchanger.
- Replace the cover and make sure it’s secure.
- Switch on the mains electrical supply and check for satisfactory operation.
- Check the terminals mounted in the ceiling in each room for dust/dirt.
- If necessary remove terminals.
- Wash terminals.
- Check terminals have the lock nuts tightly secured and do not adjust as the airflow should have been set when the system was balanced.